IAGTO (International Association of Golf Tour Operators) is the global trade organisation for the golf tourism industry. Established in 1997, IAGTO's membership comprises 1398 accredited golf tour operators, golf resorts, hotels, golf courses, receptive operators, airlines, tourist boards, approved media and business partners in 80 countries including, at its core, 341 specialist golf tour operators in 51 countries. It is estimated that IAGTO’s operators control over 80% of golf holiday packages sold worldwide outside of Asia and turnover more than €1 billion per year.
Put simply IAGTO is an association of the best operators, suppliers, organisations, media and service providers in the golf tourism industry worldwide. IAGTO has strict membership criteria and the organisation declines membership to more than 100 companies every year, 50% of which are tour operators.
All of IAGTO’s activities, services and membership benefits are based on the founding principles of their Mission Statement:-
* to represent the interests of its members and the global golf tourism industry
* to create business opportunities for operators and industry partners
* to raise awareness of its members' golf tourism products and services
* to promote the implementation of best practices in the golf tourism industry
* to generate and improve access to valuable market information
* to further the development of golf travel worldwide.
The Directors of Simply Mallorca Golf are delighted to be members of this prestigious trade organisation, which further demonstrates and emphasises our commitment to providing a quality product and service for all golfers visiting the island of Mallorca.